Friday 12 December 2014

Christmas jumpers!

It's Christmas Jumper Day here in the UK today, where the nation is encouraged to don their most festive knitwear in aid of Save the Children.

In true Christmas spirit, I’m rocking a pudding jumper festooned with snowball pompoms and a few Strictly-style sparkly crystals for good measure. Meanwhile, workplaces across the country have been tweeting their seasonal selfies by the droves.

I love how Christmas jumpers have transformed from a hideous gift that your nan or a cat-loving aunt might have bestowed upon you, into something that is embraced for its kitchness.

So now that I no longer need fear the ridicule of being a crazy needle-wielding bearer of unwanted woolly presents, I’d love to have a go at knitting one. My ambition is to create one of those delicate fair isle numbers with beautifully crafted reindeer, snowflakes and the like. But I suspect I might need to start now to be ready for next year.

For now, if you're feeling inspired, here are the pick of my favourites on Ravelry.

The ultimate Christmas fair isle.
One day I'll manage something like this.

This would look amazing hanging over my mantelpiece.

 The stylish snowflake from Rowan.
Which man in your life wouldn't want one of these?

The cutest Anders sweaters
Sophisticated Scandinavian loveliness.

Who said Christmas jumpers couldn't be glamorous?

Happy Christmas Jumper Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment